Log cabin Days January 2023

 Very unusual: There is no snow around (the cabin is 1'450 metres above sea level).

I enjoy those days on my own, can spoil myself with meals that we normally do not cook. Like Borschtsch (my friend Ollie from Chippenham told me about this).
And I can do "woodwork" in our little forest.

Here some pictures:


No snow at all!
The water from our well is running perfectly
 

Borschtsch cooked at the Outdoor citchen
These tilted alder trees will be cut
 
Fully equiped with security helmet; -boots -and trousers 

Part of the job of the first "working day" done 
Second working-day: The logs have to be split up with a splitting- and a sledge hammer. This is hard work!

Therefore a break is necessary!
Result of second working-day. I am tired but satisfied! 
Pile done! Just under two cubic meter

Temporarily covered

The cabin

And here the view across the valley 
In the night of Tuesday we got 15 cm snow

My track in the virgin snow



The empty space above the pile is the wood I burned in this week 
These are the pictures from my afternoon-walk



Again, I was the only one "on the road"












 


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

May 2023: Ten days in our cabin

Log cabin Jan 1st through Jan 6th 2024