Third day March 29




Unplanned work appeared


This old pile collapsed...


 So I had to rebuild it


 Job done! This took me quite some time


 This, by the way is our outdoor-shower!
 


A new (unplanned) job!


During the winter, the mice have dug many burrows in the grass.
Since I cut in autumn the grass by hand with the scythe
, I better flatten
all this soil using a rake. This was quite a job.
You probably ask yourselves, why I do not "get rid" of the mice.
Well, in the first year when we had the cabin I did buy some traps
that I installed in the mouse holes. I was successful!
But when I took the first (dead) mole out of the hole,
I felt so sorry for "him", that I stopped killing them.

With those two unplanned jobs I was not able to cut some more
fir-trees.
The last two and a half hour I cleaned the cabin and made it
ready to be left alone for some time. and then I walked down to
the village, where I took the last "Postauto" (public Coach) 
which brought me down to the Railway station.


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Log cabin Days January 2023

Log cabin Jan 1st through Jan 6th 2024

May 2023: Ten days in our cabin